About DASA . . . .|
The purpose of DASA is to assist its members to meet their responsibility through a professional organization dedicated to the development of effective educational leadership.
- To promote a spirit of professionalism among all administrators;
- To advance public education by providing organized and unified efforts for the resolving of matters concerning administrators;
- To improve standards of cooperation with other professional organizations on matters of an educational nature upon which there is mutual agreement;
- To provide opportunities for cooperative study of various issues common to education;
- To lend assistance concerning general and specific problems through publications, networking, direct assistance to members, meetings, and varied in-service and social activities;
- To foster the management team concept and promote the personal and professional welfare of administrators in Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
The Dade Association of School Administrators (DASA) was established in 1995 to serve the professional, educational and legislative needs of all public school administrators in Miami-Dade County. DASA is an affiliate of the Florida Association of School Administrators (FASA). DASA represents more public school and district administrators than any other professional association in Miami-Dade County.
Dedication to education and children does not stop at retirement. DASA recognizes this and realizes that retired administrators are an invaluable resource to the association.
As a DASA Retired member you can remain involved in various ways:
- Become a top recruiter for DASA
- Volunteer at DASA functions
- Gather information for DASA publications
- Serve on various committees and panels
- Actively lobby for professional and educational issues (locally and statewide)
DASA now offers Retired membership at reduced rate of $50.00.
Call the DASA Executive Offices for more information,